Monday, October 09, 2006

Back to normality

Finally , my pre-university exams are over . The last 2 weeks were pretty hectic and stressful . Late night studying , subsiding on unhealthy snacks , caffeine-laden drinks , last minute revisions ....Ugh !!
But the good news is I managed to pass all three subjects ( Ophthalmology , ENT and community medicine ).

The theory papers went ok , but I was really worried about the practicals .... Get an uncooperative patient or even an examiner who's having a bad day and you've had it . The stuff of urban legends....The doctor who failed the student because he was on the wrong side of the bed , the angry patient who gave a wrong history, etc, etc .

But they went pretty ok . I kind of messed up on my short-case viva in ophthalmology. My long case in ENT could have been a little better .

Well , at least I managed to get through the week without pissing off any doctor and not (overtly) making a fool of myself .

Now for the aftermath...

The college management , in all their wisdom have given us a 40 day break to prepare for the University exams . Not even 3 days into the vacation , and I'm already bored silly . Guess ill have to start studying .The weather isn't helping much either ..It rains all the time over here ( Mauritius - Belle Rive to be exact )...Se7en anyone ???

So a desprate measure ,I've taken to updating my blog .

2 comments:

Inimitable_me said...

Hey S,
First of all, congrats on passing all the papers:-)
I thought vacations were some kind of perpetual bliss! Respite from those tyranizing times! But I guess one unproductive day & the gloomy weather outside can force you to use a term like boring.
BTW, I guess, its till pouring outside.... as always...
N

Inimitable_me said...

Hey S,
This was a part of my very random search that i landed on ur blog...
Blame it on the peculiarity and unpopularity of Belle Rive, Mauritius; that it lists ur blog as one of the first few in the search results for this happening place( pun intended)!
Keep posting:-)
N